Last Thursday night our family devotion asked all of us 2 questions: 1 ... What is something in your life you want to change? 2 ... How can you use that 1 thing to glorify God?
I woke up Friday morning, which also happened to be my 39th birthday, & found myself in need of an unexpected medical procedure ...surprise & happy birthday to me! And suddenly I had my answer to question #1! This was not how I wanted to spend my birthday ... or any other day, for that matter.
I cried like a child ... by myself, making my doctor's appointment, on the phone with my brother, talking to my friend who has gone through a full hysterectomy & recently a double mastectomy with such grace & dignity.
I was frustrated, scared, anxious ... In case you haven't caught on my now, handling things in a peaceful & calm manner are not in my skill set.
My sweet friend spoke all sorts of truth & encouragement to me & prayed with me before we got off of the phone ... TOTAL GAME CHANGER, Y'ALL!
Peace & calm came over me ... which is a miracle because, again ... I'm not great with either peacefulness or calmness in stressful situations. So ... I began to see my answer to questions #2!
How was this going to bring God glory? the peace ... the calm ... neither which are qualities I naturally possess. BUT there they were ... God had used my sweet friend to remind me that He is faithful, He is always with us, He has gone before me, He cares about my every need.
Ain't He something, y'all!

Also a great example of needing and being there for each other ...
ReplyDeleteVisiting from #the4500 today - so nice to meet you! There is nothing like the peace of God - nothing the world has to offer can fill that space like He can in our hearts. A great friend you had to help you through!
ReplyDelete