Monday, October 13, 2014

missing in lots of action ....

First off ... yes, I have been absent for a few days. I wish I could tell you I have been relaxing on the beach without a care in the world to distract me. Wouldn't that be a great reason for all of my  absentness!?!?

However, I am sorry to report that was not how the end of my week played out last week.

It seems Priss met up with some Poison Oak in some of her travels & good Lord alive it took over the last half of my week. I was up to my elbows in ointments, salves, & prescription steroids!

It all started Tuesday night/Wednesday morning around 2am .... I was awoken from a dead sleep by Priss & her red, puffy, sweet little face ... one of her eyes was almost swollen completely shut & I went into a complete panic.

You see, completely overreacting to medical situations when I am jarred awake at 2am is what I am just naturally good at. Mister, on the other hand, is the voice of reason. I woke him up & told him Priss needed to go to the doctor first thing in the morning ... He said OK & rolled over & continued in his slumber. While I gave Priss allergy medicine, made her sleep on a palate beside my bed, & watched to make sure she was breathing for the rest of the night!

So, the next morning, after a visit to the doctor & 3 prescriptions later, I did what everybody tells you NOT to do ... I googled Poison Oak & read this ....


Let me tell you this, if I would've read that at 2am I would've just had a heart attack & Poison Oak would've been the least of our worries! (note to self: never go on WebMD during the middle of the night)

I did learn something very valuable in all of the Poison Oak treatment ...prednisone makes 9-year-old little girls especially chatty! I made the mistake of giving Priss a dose of her medicine before bed one night & woke up to her skipping around in circles beside my bed at 1:45 & declaring she was ready for her next pill & also, she wasn't tired anymore & should she just read a book? how about Moby Dick? I think I will read that!

BLESS!

Needless to say, I sent her to school the next day with a note that asked her teacher to please have a little extra grace while dealing with my child, because the steroids had made her "extra bubbly!"

I am happy to report that the ointment, salves, & prednisone have worked their magic & Priss is back to her unpuffy  .... somewhat less chatty self ... & neither she nor I required emergency assistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment