Thursday, August 7, 2014

today is a day i have been waiting for ...

I have been waiting for this day to get here for months!!!!  I know a few of you have too, because you've told me...

Tonight, on HGTV, a new show is premiering & you will NOT want to miss it! Trust me on this! So, I want all of my people to get all of their people together & watch!

Jen Hatmaker (Christian author, blogger, Jesus lover, expert in sarcasm) & her family are starring in "My Big Family Renovation." She & her husband, Brandon, purchased a 100-year-old farmhouse & HGTV is documenting their reno.



If you have never heard of Jen Hatmaker, check out her bio HERE.  She is a best-selling Christian author (check out her books here) & also happens to be the Mama behind the blog post entitled, "Worst End of Year School Mom Ever" that went viral & landed her on the Today Show a couple of years ago. She just has a way of being so honest about the struggle that a lot of mamas & wives try to gloss over ... especially all of us who try to live up to the Proverbs 31 version of what a Christian homemaker should be. Jen tells it like it is ... the good, the bad, the ugly. I love that!

So, you can imagine that following her, her hubby, & their 5 (yes 5!) kids through a renovation project will be full of all sorts of goodness.


The first episode airs TONIGHT at 11pm & there is another episode at 11:30pm. Now, I suggest if you are like me & struggle with all of the staying up lateness ... take a nap, set your DVR, drink a Red Bull ... but don't miss it!

1 comment: