Thursday, July 17, 2014

when did this happen?

Well, today it is official ... Big Brother is an official teenager ... 13!


I'm not sure how this happened so fast, but it's here.

He was 10 days late & came into this world weighing 11 pounds & 8 ounces and was the hugest newborn I had ever seen in my life!


 I was 25 years old & had no idea how to take care of a baby. I couldn't believe they let me leave the hospital with him. I didn't know how to make a bottle, how to bathe him, how to make him stop crying. I was a nervous wreck & tried to convince Mama to move in..


I felt completely inadequate, but I knew I had never loved anything like I loved that baby. I just kind of faked my way through the first few weeks of motherhood & I remember waking up one morning & thinking to myself ... I think I have the hang of this. After all, we had both survived one another so far!



It helped that he was an easy baby ... laid back. I swear he was born with the soul of an 80 year old man.


I have loved every stage of life I've had the honor of mothering him through.



He is my joy ...


He's made my heart grow in ways I never knew were even possible.


He made me a Mama ...



I don't know anything about being a teenager's mama ... but he'll help me learn. Just like I did 13 years ago, I'll fake my way through until I wake up one morning & tell myself, "I think I have the hang of this." Of course, I'm sure as soon as I tell myself that, I'll be put in my place.


Happy Birthday, Matt! I am so proud of you. I love you to pieces. There is not another soul I would have rather taught me how to be a mama than you. You are precious to me .... always!

 
 I can't wait to see what God has in store for your life!

No comments:

Post a Comment