Have you ever done something & afterwards thought to yourself .... self, did you really just do that?!?
It happened to me yesterday. I have no explanation for my actions other than I obviously have some sort of condition that has not yet been medically identified
Let me start at the beginning ...
Yesterday, I was minding my own business {well, for the first part of the story, at least}, walking through the aisles of the Home Section in the Belk ... looking for a wedding gift. I just happened to overhear & notice a couple of the sales associates working on a display table in the section I was in. One of them commented that "decorating just wasn't her thing" & she "just didn't know what to do". Well, y'all ... it took me about half a second to hand her my purchases & my handbag so I could share my spiritual gift of "zhushing" with them both!
Now, for those of you who are not familiar with the term "zhoosh", let me share the definition with you:
zhoosh - ˈZHo͝oSH/
verb
present participle: zhushing
to make more exciting, lively, or attractive.
I totally took over the entire task & even sent one of the ladies to the back store room to find me a plate stand so I could prop up a tray on the display table. I arranged & rearranged, I pulled stuff from other shelves ... It was like some kind of decorating tazmanian devil took over my body. Bless!
So, I finished the good work that the Lord had obviously set before me & I'll have you know, I got 10% off my purchase from those sweet associates.
All was said & done, I was walking out of the store, & only then did I think that what I had done may have been just a tad inappropriate. Which is when I had the whole ... "self, did you really just do that" conversation with myself. And now, as I am retelling it to you ... I'm almost embarrassed ... almost. However, my biggest regret is that I didn't take a picture so I could share it with y'all. Which is a little sad that from this entire story, THAT is my biggest regret.
Of course, I called the Bestie & told her how I had blessed the Belk with all of my zhushing. She pointed out that it's a good thing I live in the South, because this is the only place in the entire world I could've gotten away with doing what I had done. Ain't it the truth!

No comments:
Post a Comment