Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Oh, Dolly!

Y'all read about mama a lot on this blog, but very rarely do I mention Daddy. He's a bit more reserved & quiet {so he'd like the world to think} than Mama is ... so, I try to give him his distance from my blog. However {comma} I don't think he'd mind me sharing this little detail about him. And guess what ... I'm not gonna ask him first because if there's one thing Mama taught me about dealing with Daddy, it's better to ask for forgiveness than permission.

Daddy loves Dolly Parton ... he just does! And really, I think there are 2 main reasons why ...


... her smart business sense & her quick wit!

I mean, how can you not love somebody that tells the world, "it takes a lot of money to look this cheap" or "plastic surgeons are always making mountains out of molehills" {think on that one for a minute!}!

I remember when a was a little girl, we went to see Dolly & Kenny Rogers in concert in Raleigh.  We had 2nd row seats & it was like watching country music royalty sing together. My Daddy mentions that concert every now & then ... I think it's one of his favorite family memories.

Well, yesterday little, sweet Dolly released her 42nd album & performed a concert on The Today Show. Me & Daddy watched together while we were at the office & I so enjoyed watching Daddy watch her perform. Just look at him ...


with his nabs & Diet Coke, sitting on the edge of his seat! I love it! Not as good as 2nd row, but he'll take it!




No comments:

Post a Comment