Tuesday, April 1, 2014

God's Not Dead & some observations ...

Sorry for my absence on the world wide webs yesterday. I don't know how anyone made it through their Monday without me .... I jest!  Priss was kind enough to share her illness with me & I was bedridden for the weekend. The being bedridden was enjoyable ... however, the sickness was not.

Before I was striken, we went to see God's Not Dead Friday night & WOW was it good. It's the only movie I've ever been to that the audience erupted into spontaneous applause not once, but twice during the movie & again at the end. If you haven't seen it yet ... GO SEE IT! The Gospel is all over this movie!

Here are a few God's Not Dead related observations ...

* If a faith-based film is released, Christians show up in droves! They come in greyhound buses, church vans, convoys ... they're tailgating with their Chick-fil-a in the movie theater parking lot! They show up!

* When you go to a faith-based film ... your faith will be tested by a guy named Tony who works at the movie theater. When I was buying our tickets (for the later showing because the first show was already sold out because of all of the tailgating Christians), Tony asked me if I'd be buying 2 adult & 2 kids tickets & kind of gave me the "the kids tickets are cheaper & it's ok if they both aren't really under 11" look. Now, you all should know by now that I love to save money ... so you see the temptation here?!?! So, I said, "Now, Tony ... I'm going to watch a movie called 'God's Not Dead' ... I can't be lying about ages to get cheaper tickets." And do you know what Tony did? Charged me for 2 adult & 2 kids tickets anyway. Bless his heart.

* The Newsboys are not, in fact, boys at all. They are 4 old dudes.


Who knew?!? Not me! I was completely taken off guard by this development. Which leads be to ask the question .... at what point does a "boy" band need to rethink the title of their band? When "boy" is in your band name, I'm expecting some teenagers or some 20-year-olds with some sweet choreographed dance numbers ... not 4 guys in their 40's wearing matching suits & ties.

I would tell you about all of my favorite parts of the movie, but I don't want to spoil it for any of you that may not have seen it yet AND I've got so many favorites it would be too many to list.

It's great to go with your church buddies to see this movie, but I encourage you to take someone you know that's unchurched. The Gospel is presented so well in this film. So, grab some of your friends, stop for some Chick-fil-a, & get to the theater to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment