Monday, March 24, 2014

why this isn't a parenting blog ...

We celebrated Pappy's 50th birthday this past weekend!!! Bestie's mama & daddy (who also happen to be the original pink couch owners!) threw him a sweet little party with the BEST food .... chicken & waffles, need I say more?!?! Bestie sent me the party menu a few weeks ago & I got so excited about the food that I almost forgot what the actual party was for!

Sadly, when we got back home after all of the chicken & waffles Pappy's party, Priss was sick ...
She had a high fever & felt horrible. Sunday morning she woke up still feeling yucky & asked me if I thought she might have Lou Gehrig's Disease. Clearly, I have passed down my ability to jump to the absolute worst conclusion to my second born. Bless her!

Now, we are on day 2 of the fever & are at a stand off of sorts. I've been trying to get her to take Motrin to help her fever to go down, but she's not interested in that particular approach. I can promise you, Jim Jones had an easier time convincing his followers to drink the Kool-Aid than I have had trying to get Priss to drink 2 teaspoons of berry flavored Motrin! Apparently she's adopted some sort of holistic lifestyle in the past 48 hours.

So, I've done what any other great parent would do ... I turned off the TV & said, "fine ... lay there & be sick all you want to." Which totally explains why this is not a parenting blog!


No comments:

Post a Comment