Friday, March 14, 2014

favortie things friday: presents, sleep, a snake, & a false call

This week has been absolutely beautiful! I can feel Spring coming to rescue me from the bottomless black hole of Winter that I've been living in & I couldn't be happier! Here are a few of my week's highlights ...

*


This is what my Mister gifted me over the weekend for my pre-birthday present! I'm not sure if he's trying to fatten me up, sweeten me up, or give my type II diabetes, but I certainly have enjoyed these chocolate treats that I am convinced they are made in a little chocolate shop in heaven.

* Daylight Savings Time - I do love that the evenings stay light out! However, missing the 1 hour of sleep wears me down. It will probably take me a good 2 weeks for my internal clock to readjust. And can I just say, there are a million things in my life I'd like to lose an hour of .... sleep is not one of them!

* Sunday afternoon I killed a snake ... just thinking about it now still makes my skin crawl! The weather was warm & beautiful & I was enjoying myself ... minding my own business ... when out of the corner of my eye I saw that slithery little thing. Had I not missed an hour of sleep the night before, I may have let him continue on his way, but alas. Being the animal lover that I am, I grabbed a shovel & chopped his head clean off ... and I have to say, I have never felt more like Miranda Lambert than I did at the exact moment!

* All day Monday I looked forward to the premiere of the new season of Dancing with the Stars ... only to realize at 5:30 that the season doesn't start until next Monday. A great sadness fell over the kingdom ... well, that may be a bit of an overstatement, but I was bummed. I am on Team DJ Tanner Candace Bure & will be eagerly waiting for the real season premiere THIS Monday!

Hope you all have a great weekend ... I'll be celebrating my birthday as long as I can draw it out. I'll be with the Bestie & there will be a lot of shopping, Chipotle, & cheesecake involved ... o, & basketball! Afterall, I do live in North Carolina & we are a basketball state & the ACC tournament is this weekend!!!!



if you missed any of my posts this week ... here are links for you to catch up on {from my little pink couch}

No comments:

Post a Comment