Wednesday, May 15, 2013

a little pinspiration: doodle & paint ...

 
i was looking through pinterest
the other day &
i came across
"31 days of scripture art journaling"
on the blog art by erin leigh.
{www.artbyerinleigh.blogspot.com}
she's done an entire series
on how to doodle scripture
& make it into beautiful artwork..
like, so cute you wanna frame it
& stare at it for a couple of hours cute!!!
 
here are a few of her pieces ...
  
{before paint}
 
{after a little watercolor magic}

 art by erin leigh

art by erin leigh

seriously .... how cute are they?!?!
so .... I tried my hand at it!

step one ...
choose a verse (by far the easiest part of this project)
i decided on matthew 5:7
"happy are the kind ... for they shall be shown mercy."
(you know I love a scripture about kindness)

step two ...
doodle away (yikes)
no lie, i was nervous ...
but i just went for it.


step three ...
fill in with watercolors (triples yikes!)
ok ... here's where i tweaked this project a little bit.
i didn't have watercolor paint, so i used
my watercolor pencils.
(i actually sighed a sigh of relief when i
realized i didn't have paint)

step four ...
either sit back & gaze lovingly at my creation
or snarl my lip & wonder what was i thinking
(it could always go either way, you know).

so, here it is ....


 
i'd still like to overcome my
irrational fear of watercolor paint
& see how it would go.
to be continued .... 
 

2 comments:

  1. Love it! You did a great job. Water color pencils?! I had no idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, sarah .... yes! I've had them forever & have no idea where I got them.

      Delete